AMBIENT ATE208 Emesser set
The Emesser (ATE208) is a very small "figure-of-eight" microphone intended to convert any boom mike on the fly into a MS-stereo system. Featuring a high quality real condenser powered on 48V phantom, it delivers an enhanced dynamic range required for critical recordings. The Emesser Set (ATE208Set) comes complete with mounting clip (ATEC-R) and Y-loom (ATEK), which outputs both M and S signals in a standard balanced 5-pin XLR in applied box (ATE-Box). Including all the necessary accessories and allowing continued use of the existing shotgun mike, suspension and windshield it offers a very economic solution for those who don't want to part with their favored shotgun to go stereo.
Due to the MS-technology and the same mike being used for dialogue and ambience recordings seamless transitions between mono and stereo are feasible without alteration of the sound characteristics. The frequency response therefore was custom-tailored to match the acoustic pattern of typical boom mikes at 90° with the characteristic, distinct bass roll-off. The result is a distinguished stereo perception with pronounced presence and minimal negative phase correlation at the low end with exceptional good suppression of handling noise.
- Emesser microphone (ATE208)
- Bag for the Emesser kit (ATE-Box)
- Rycote suspension (ATEC-R)
- Emesser connector cable (ATEK)
- Velvet foam wind shield (B5)
- Very small figure-of-eight condenser microphone
- Intended to quickly convert any boom microphone into a MS system
- Accessory kit includes suspension, foam windshield and stereo cable (TA3F + XLR3F to XLR5M)
- Output on TA3M mini-XLR
- Sensitivity 12 mV/Pa
- Length 53 mm
- Diameter 20 mm
- Weight 40g (not including set)