Deliver pristine audio quality with the ZMT4, an incredibly small, lightweight, talent-friendly transmitter ideal for sound professionals. The ZMT4 has a wide range of power to cover nearly any professional analog microphone, 5V lavalier mics as well as condenser, balanced dynamic, or ribbon microphones running at 12, 24, 36, or 48V.
The ZMT4 can be positioned at the top of a boom pole directly behind the microphone instead of near the bottom. By removing the internal or external cable, operators can eliminate cable noise that can affect the audio track. Boom microphone connectivity is via a 3-pin balanced Lemo.
The ZMT4 transmits using 100% digital modulation allowing audio to be fully encrypted. Digital encryption is the only way to keep all audio transmission private. A digital transmission also provides audio quality superior to analog systems.
NeverClip is available in all modes on the ZMT4. It works by utilizing two A-D converters to extend the dynamic range of the transmitter to 136 dB, so there's never any limiter distortion. Audio is simultaneously transmitted and recorded to a removable microSD card using the highly reliable MARF (Mobile Audio Recording Format) which eliminates file corruption common to recordings due to a dead battery or early card removal.
Adaptive antenna optimization in the ZMT4 improves radiation of the bodypack's antenna when it's placed in contact or near the human body. Normally, putting a bodypack on talent decreases transmission range because the body absorbs some of the signal. With adaptive antenna optimization, the external antenna is actively matched to its condition to optimize radiation and minimize distortion, keeping the signal at its best.
ZMT4 is equipped with ZaxNet, a long-range remote-control system allowing the user to change the frequency, pre-amp gain, sleep mode, and place the internal recorder in record, playback, and stop modes - all without ever needing to disturb talent. To extend battery life, PowerRoll adjusts the ZMT4's power level to 50mW when the audio received from it is being recorded by a ZaxNet compatible recorder. When the transmitter audio isn't being recorded the power is automatically reduced to 10mW.
The range will always vary depending on your environment, but you've got choices to optimize transmission for peak performance. Zaxcom High Density modulation (ZHD) increases the number of available channels from 4 to 9 for every 1 MHz of spectrum space, perfect for reflective environments like busy city streets. XR gives you the maximum distance in less dense/more controlled spaces. The ZMT4 has up to 30% better battery life than its predecessor. A single NP-50 battery provides up to 6 hours of runtime with a lavalier running at 5V and up to 4.5 hours of runtime while using a 12-48V boom microphone.
The ZMT4 can be ordered in one of two configurations:
- ZMT4.5: covering channels 26 through 38 (512 to 608 MHz)
- ZMT4.6: covering channels 34 through 49 (578 to 698 MHz)
- RF modulation: proprietary digital method
- ZMT4.5 RF frequency range: 512 to 608 MHz
- ZMT4.6 RF frequency range: 578 to 698 MHz
- RF frequency step: 100 KHz
- RF bandwidth in ZHD96 Mode: 100 KHz
- RF bandwidth in XR Mode: 200 KHz
- channel separation in ZHD96 Mode: as close as 200 KHz
- channel separation in XR Mode: 400 KHz
- antenna connector: 50 Ohm SSMA female
- emission designator: 180 KV2E, 100 KV2E
- dynamic range: 136 dB
- distortion: 0.01%
- frequency response: mode 0: 20 Hz to 16 kHz / T & M mode 0.2 Hz to 16 kHz
- high pass filter: off or 70 to 220 Hz, steps: 10 (6dB per octave)
- unbalanced lavalier mic power: 5.0v @ 10mA max
- balanced mic power: 12v @ 25mA max
- balanced mic power: 24v @ 10mA max
- balanced mic power: 36v @ 10mA max
- balanced mic power: 45v @ 10mA max
- mic connector: 3-pin micro LEMO
- mic configuration: balanced (3-wire)/unbalanced (2-wire)
- input range: -60 to -30 dBu
- mic impedance: 3.4 kOhm (680 Ohm with 12v power mode)
- ADC bit-depth: 32 bits
- ADC sampling-rate: 32 kHz
- clock accuracy: 1.54 PPM (1 frame in 6 hours)
- timecode type: SMPTE
- timecode frame-rates: 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97NDF, 29.97DF, 30NDF, 30DF
- media: microSD card (flash memory)
- file format: .ZAX/converts to BWAV or MP3
2.4 GHz ZaxNet RECEIVER:
- RF frequency range: 2.403 to 2.475 GHz
- RF modulation: Digital Spread Spectrum
- RF frequency step: 0.001 GHz (1 MHz)
- RF bandwidth: 1 MHz
- channel separation: 2 MHz
- sensitivity: -96 dBm
- 62 grams with battery
- dimensions (H x W x D in mm): 55.8 x 40.6 x 14
- display: graphic OLED
- power output: 10 / 50 mW software selectable
- power consumption: 125 mA @ 4.2v with 50mW TX (no ZaxNet or Phantom power)
- battery type: NP-50
- lavalier battery life: up to 6 hours
- Phantom power battery life: up to 4.5 hours