The BETSO TCX-2+ is a ultra compact highly accurate timecode transceiver and generator. It is based on Betso's very easy to use "plug and play" philosophy, which is guaranteed by a wide OLED display and an easy to replace single AA battery. RF transmission brings wireless continuous jamming of time code with 0ppm error and clear status information of all connected devices to the network with just one click of a button.
- RF transmission: Betso's whole new concept of wireless transmission of timecode and status information is ideal for simple on stage workflow control. Each device connected to the network will be continuously jammed from transmitter and on each device you can observe status information of all other devices in the network. The operating range is up to 500m within the line of sight. The RF protocol incorporates frequency hopping spread spectrum technology approach which ensures robust functionality even in the environment with high RF noise. When unit set as receiver is out of the RF range, it keeps generating synced timecode.
- All time code formats: The TCX-2+ can receive or transmit signal with all existing SMPTE time code formats. It can also be jammed and used as a standalone timecode generator unit with advanced functions.
- Top build quality: thanks to precise CNC milling manufacturing technology, anodized aluminium alloy material and original hi-quality connectors and components, the TCX-2+ is very durable but still a very versatile time code unit.
- Ultra highly accurate TCXO: embedded high-precision temperature compensated crystal oscillator TCXO with frequency accuracy off 0.2ppm is the fundamental piece of hardware for stable and accurate timecode and word clock generator. The superior quality of TCXO is best suited for changing environmental conditions where temperatures vary a lot during the day. Even in extreme weather conditions, the TCX-2+ will keep timecodes in sync.
- TCXO calibration: the ultra-highly accurate TCXO can be further calibrated to achieve much better than 0.2ppm accuracy. These methods can be applied during jamming, when TCXO is calibrated to obtain exactly the same time base as the source of time code. This accuracy is almost impossible to beat. And, as you know, accuracy is what TC syncing is all about!
- Small, lightweight, and easy to mount and protect: With its weight and dimensions, the TCX-2+ is one of the smallest and most lightweight TC transceiver on the market. It can be easily mounted on most camcorders or photo cameras available. Mounting on your rig is even easier when using the Betso hot-shoe holder.
- display: wide graphic OLED display with adjustable brightness
- dimensions (h x w x d): 59 x 35 x 16 in mm
- weight (w/o battery): approx. 45g (1.58 oz)
- mechanical construction: CNC milled, anodized aluminium alloy
- powering: 1x AA battery (alkaline or lithium) / 1x accu (NiMH, NiCd)
- current consumption: 50 to 100mA
- battery life: up to 50 hours
- SMPTE TC formats: 23,976 fps to 30 fps including DF and NDF (also 0.5 and 2 multiples: 11.98 fps to 60 fps supported)
- output TC amplitude: adjustable from -30dBu to +6dBu
- input TC sensitivity: 0.2 to 10 V (p-p)
- TCXO crystal: calibrated temperature compensated oscillator (+/0.1ppm)
- accuracy error: less than 0.3 frames / 24 hours
- accuracy error with RF transmission: 0 frames / 24 hours
- frequency range (USA/Canada): 902 to 928MHz
- frequency range (Europe): 863 to 870MHz
- frequency range (Japan): 920.6 to 923.4MHz
- number of channels: 5
- RF output power: 10mW (10dBm)
- operating range: up to 500m
- RF transmission of time code and device status information
- jamming calibration feature to copy master's TCXO precision
- automatic power ON function after active time code detection
- advanced power saving features: various different actions after 10s without any button activity including OLED display dim and turn off
- display orientation allows to set 180° display rotation for upside down TCX-2+ mounting position
- time code offset adjustment from -10.0 to 10.0 frames with 0.1 frame step
- variable user bits settings including preset value, jammed user bits and live external timecode insertion
- USB connector available for future firmware upgrades