The PDR (portable digital recorder) is designed for HD quality professional use. For situations in which the distance is extreme or where using a wireless microphone is not practical, the PDR recorder can travel with your subject and capture professional quality audio, synchronized with timecode. The tiny size and rounded shape make the PDR unobtrusive and easy to place in garments and costumes, and easy to conceal when used as a "plant" microphone to capture environmental or location sound.
The PDR records in 24 bit, 48kHz digital onto a microSD card in the industry-standard .wav (broadcast wave file) format. The PDR can be jammed to external time code via the standard 5-pin Lemo connector. A headphone output jack allows for monitoring the signal input or listening to previously recorded files. The input connector is the industry standard TA5-M jack that accepts any mic or line level signal, and provides bias voltage to power a wide variety of electret lavaliere microphones. The input connection and wiring is compatible with microphones pre-wired for use with Lectrosonics professional wireless microphone transmitters with servo bias type inputs.
Setup and adjustment is made through an intuitive interface provided by the keypad and LCD. In keeping with typical Lectrosonics mechanical designs, the housing is machined from a solid aluminum billet then hard anodized for the ruggedness needed in field production. The PDR runs for over 6 hours on a single lithium AAA battery.
- • Professional quality digital audio recordings in Broadcast Wave Format
- • Ultra compact size for easy concealment
- • Records to micro SD cards (HC) type Class 10
- • Wide range input gain adjustment for mic to line level signals
- • Time code sync from external source
- • Standard Lectrosonics TA5M input jack
- • Lectrosonics "servo bias" input preamp
- • Solid machined aluminum construction
- • Over six hours of operation on a single AAA lithium battery