The MixPre-3M 3-input/12-track recorder, mixer and USB audio interface simplifies music creation with built-in features including overdub, track laying, punch in/out, bounce, reverb, vocal air, and metronome. It's designed specifically for musicians recording with or without a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW).
Ideal for song creation, rehearsal and live performance, the MixPre-3M acts as a high-performance portable studio for musicians to capture their songs and ideas anytime and anywhere inspiration grabs them. Incorporating the core functionality of a DAW, the MixPre-3M is intuitive to allow musicians to focus on creating songs without letting technology get in the way.
Some of the key features of the MixPre-3M include:
- • Exceptional audio quality: featuring ultra-low-noise Kashmir mic preamps handcrafted by Sound Devices. These preamps feature discrete, Class-A components with analog limiters offering musicians and songwriters the highest quality, distortion-free, musically-lush audio recordings.
- • Song creation: the MixPre M-Series has the ability to simultaneously record, playback, mix, monitor, layer, and overdub up to 12 tracks, with the bounce feature helping to free up additional tracks. The MixPre-3M can record up to three tracks. Other features include vintage reverb and vocal air effects, metronome, punch in and out, and the ability to locate to cue points.
- • Multi-track USB audio interfaces: stream up to five tracks of audio for a Mac or Windows computer at up to 96k. They also feature the unique ability to simultaneously record to an SD card while streaming audio via USB.
- • Mixer for live performance: feeds directly into a PA and adjust levels, or playback pre-prepared multi-channel backing tracks for solo performers.
- • Easy file sharing: musicians can export their mix to an SD card or to a computer as a stereo WAV or AAC file, ideal for emailing or uploading to music sharing platforms.
- • Anytime, anywhere powering: featuring convenient detachable sleds for AA batteries (four or eight) or hot-swappable Li-Ion batteries sleds. The MixPre-3M can also be powered via USB-C from a computer or included MX-PSU power adapter.
- • Versatile I/O routing: the MixPre-3M offers three XLR balanced Mic/Line level inputs. Each input provides 96dB of gain, 48v phantom power, low cut filters and limiters. Additionally, it has a 3.5mm 2-channel Aux/Mic input, two USB inputs from a MAC or PC and a 3.5mm stereo output.