The MixPre-6 is an audio recorder, mixer and a USB audio interface. The MixPre-6 has four discreteÿmic preamps via combo XLR / 6.35mm TRS inputs, and one 3.5mm stereo output (2-ch). It can record up to 8 tracks (6 ch + LR mix). It also can stream up to 6 analog inputs + 2-channel mix over USB. The MixPre-6 records to a removable SD, SDHC or SDX card and accepts timecode over 3.5mm or HDMI TC input.
The MixPre Series feature Sound Devices' groundbreaking Kashmir microphone preamps. These high-performance, ultra-low-noise, discrete, Class-A mic preamps were custom-engineered by Sound Devices. The Kashmir mic preamps feature a -130dBV noise floor, analog limiters, and new 32-bit A-to-D converters, and ensure the highest quality audio recordings that far surpass those of other recorders using simple off-the-shelf IC-based mic preamps.
The MixPre-6 can record while streaming USB audio at the same time. The versatile MixPre-6 makes an excellent USB audio interface, with the unique ability to record audio to an SD card while simultaneously streaming multiple channels of audio via USB. Handy for interviews, podcasts, or simply as a backup recorder to your computer, both MixPre models can be used to record Skype or Facetime interviews, and record audio for podcasts or video blogs.
The MixPre-6 is pocket-sized and has an unintimidating design. The MixPre Series offers a sunlight-readable, color, IPS LCD with touch-screen technology for easy navigation.
With built-in Bluetooth Smart technology, the MixPre recorders also provide full remote control and metering via mobile devices, using Sound Devices free Wingman app.
- • Superior professional-grade audio: new high performance, Sound Devices custom-engineered Kashmir mic preamps with analog limiters and new 32-bit A-to-D converters.
- • Full-featured mixer: equipped with ergonomic gain controls for fast and accurate mixing, and a custom-designed, wide-bandwidth headphone amp for monitoring. Also includes pan and soloing plus circular LED metering.
- • USB audio interface: record while streaming USB audio at the same time, ideal for mixing or recording podcasts, Skype interviews, video blogs or front end to your DAW. Also serves as a useful backup by recording to an SD card.
- • Compact and durable: The MixPre-6 is constructed with a die-cast aluminum chassis making it robust but still extremely lightweight.
- • Touchscreen: sunlight-readable, color LCD using IPS touch-screen technology for the ultimate in convenient easy navigation and operation.
- • Mobile app: built-in Bluetooth Smart Technology enables control from the Sound Devices free Wingman app. Users can start/stop recording, enter/edit metadata, as well as arm, disarm and rename tracks on the MixPre recorder from a mobile device. The Wingman app is available for iOS from the Apple App Store.