The SPDR (Stereo Portable Digital Recorder) is a small, lightweight, professional quality, dual-channel unit designed for use in film and video production, as a backup recorder for bag systems in the field, or for personal use. The SPDR will let you capture the full stereo audio of an extreme sport participant, in-car scenes or in situations where a wireless system cannot be used. When used in conjunction with a small mixer and the SRC receiver, the SPDR makes for a lightweight interview setup that provides full redundancy - all fitting into a small fanny pack.
The SPDR records to a microSD memory card in Broadcast Wave Format (.WAV with iXML metadata) and 24 bit depth, in sample rates of either 48 kHz or 96 kHz. The unit can accept inputs from analog line level and AES digital sources, or from lav microphones wired for standard Lectrosonics 5-pin "servo bias" inputs. The SPDR can be jammed with time code via an industry-standard 5-pin Lemo connector, and features a highly accurate, temperature compensated (TCXO) time base crystal. The SPDR keypad has a tactile feedback riser on the record button for easy eyes-off recording startup. Dweedle tone commands allow easy start and stop using the PDRRemote app.
The SPDR has an external power input with internal battery switchover, allowing all day recording from your bag battery with an immediate fall back to the internal batteries should there be an external power loss. A 32GB memory card allows almost 30 hours of recording time at the 48kHz sample rate. A high-quality headphone output is provided for playback and monitoring.
- • professional quality low noise digital audio recordings in Broadcast Wave Format (iXML metadata) with high dynamic range
- • compact size for easy bag, plant mic and personal use
- • records to a microSDHC memory card
- • wide range input gain adjustment for mic to line level signals
- • AES input for digital signal chains
- • time code jam/sync from external source
- • standard Lectrosonics TA5M input jack
- • lectrosonics "servo bias" input preamp
- • solid machined aluminum construction
- • over 20 hours of operation on dual AA lithium batteries
- • temperature compensating clock accurate to less than 1ppm at all temperatures
- • includes 2 x AA-batteries, 1 x microSDHC card, 1 x belt clip