NEUMANN KK 104 S nickel
The capsule heads of the KMS vocal microphones, compatible with the Sennheiser SKM 5000/5200 wireless system, makes wireless Neumann sound on stage possible. Combining the Neumann KK 104/105 S capsule heads with the Sennheiser SKM 5200/SKM 5000 N wireless system thrusts the legendary Neumann sound into the wireless domain, thus opening up new dimensions in sound for sophisticated live-performance engineering. Here the key areas of expertise of Neumann and Sennheiser are united in an unprecedented manner to create products with no compromises for professional use.
Neumann capsules have already been used in combination with the Sennheiser SKM 5200 handheld transmitter for the past 10 years on some of the largest stages of the world and at mega-events such as the Eurovision Song Contest, where the highest demands are placed on the sound and transmission reliability. These systems reveal their strengths particularly in conjunction with Sennheiser in-ear monitoring.
The design of Neumann capsule heads for the Sennheiser handheld transmitters is based on the extremely successful, multiple award-winning wired stage microphones KMS 104 and KMS 105. From these microphones the capsule heads have acquired not only their outstanding sound characteristics and technical specifications, but also their robust construction and effective suppression of pop sounds and handling noise.
The sound of the capsule heads can be described as full, transparent and naturally warm, without excessive accentuation of the bass. Due to the single polar pattern design, the polar patterns are very uniform over the entire frequency range, thus providing the basis for excellent resistance to feedback. The capsules and the transmitter unit are available in both nickel and black. Included with the capsule heads is a large nylon bag, which can hold not only the capsule but also the handheld transmitter, battery packs and additional accessories.
The capsule heads KK 104 S, KK 105 S and KK 105 HD were developed especially for the wireless Sennheiser 5200/5000 series.
KK 104 S
Directional characteristic: cardioid
The capsule of the KMS 104 plus vocal microphone, exclusively for use with the Sennheiser SKM 5200/5000 handheld transmitter. The capsule head provides the best possible suppression of sound originating from 180° to the rear, and has highly effective integrated pop protection.
KK 105 S / KK 105 HD
Directional characteristic: supercardioid
The capsule of the KMS 105 vocal microphone, exclusively for use with the Sennheiser SKM 5200/5000 handheld transmitter. The capsule head has greater directivity and maximizes incident sound from the front as opposed to sound from the rear. The KK 105 S has a multi-level acoustic filter made of wire gauze. The heavy-duty variant, KK 105 HD, has integrated foam pop protection instead of the fine wire gauze screen of the KK 105 S, for even greater resistance to pop sounds. The foam pores also have a greatly increased surface area and can keep extreme moisture away from the capsule.
- cardioid pattern with high feedback resistance
- studio grade Neumann condenser capsule
- for Sennheiser SKM 5000 and 5200 handheld transmitters
- directional pattern (104/105): cardioid/supercardioid
- frequency range: 80Hz to 20kHz
- sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kOhm: 1.7 to 1.3mV/Pa, +/-1 dB
- signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR (rel. 94 dB SPL) (104/105): 42/50dB
- signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted (rel. 94 dB SPL) (104/105): 63/61dB-A
- equivalent noise level, CCIR (104/105): 42/44dB
- equivalent noise level, A-weighted (104/105): 31/33dB-A
- max. SPL for THD 0.5% (104/105): 148/150dB
- maximum SPL for THD 3% (104/105): 153/155dB
- RF-frequency range: 450 to 960MHz
- RF-switching bandwidth: 24MHz
- RF-transmitter frequencies: 16
- RF-output: 50mW (-3 dB)
- RF-noise suppression system: Sennheiser "HiDyn plusTM"
- weight incl. transmitter + power supply unit: approx. 325g
- diameter: 48mm
- length (+ transmitter): 257mm