The Rode Lavalier is a discreet lapel microphone that provides broadcast-quality audio when close-miked in almost any scenario.
The Lavalier's low self-noise, user friendly omni-directional polar pattern and minimal appearance make it an ideal solution for film, television, video, theatre, house of worship and anywhere where a high quality microphone needs to be heard but not seen.
The microphone capsule is connected via a 1.2m shielded, Kevlar reinforced cable that has been rigorously strain tested up to 10kg to ensure reliable performance.
The included mini-furry for high wind protection ensures quality recordings in adverse environments, and the included cable management clips ensure that you are able to minimise the microphone and cable visibility, while providing maximum mobility for the wearer.
The supplied anti-trauma water resistant case provides rugged and secure protection for the microphone, cable, clips and included accessories. Knowing that versatility is paramount in any product, Rode has developed the MiCon connector system which provides seamless integration between the Lavalier and a wide range of wireless systems as well as consoles, cameras and portable recorders.
- acoustic principle: permanently polarized
- active electronics: JFET impedance convertor
- capsule: 0.10"
- polar pattern: super-cardioid
- address type: end
- frequency range: 60Hz to 18kHz
- output impedance: 3000 Ohms
- maximum SPL: 110dBSPL
- maximum output level: 189.0mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)
- sensitivity: -36.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (15.00mV @ 94dB SPL) +/-2dB @ 1kHz
- equivalent noise level (A-weighted): 25dBA
- weight: 1g
- dimensions: 12 (H) x 4.5 (W) x 4.5 (D) in mm