The Rode SoundField NT-SF1 is an Ambisonic microphone able to record accurate and clear 360° sound. It features four 1/2" TF-45C cardioid condenser capsules arranged in a tetrahedral array, wired to an XLR 10-pin connector for four-channel, A-format output. Each capsule is powered via 48 VDC phantom power and delivers a frequency response of 20 Hz to 20 kHz.
The microphones record in A-Format but it is the conversion to B-Format that allows a single Ambisonic microphone to provide 4 tracks that can be manipulated in any direction in post, possess any polarity possible and enable creators fo place their sounds wherever they like within the 360° soundfield.
The downloadable Soundfield by Rode Ambisonic processor plug-in allows users to endlessly reshape their audio. It utilises state-of-the-art frequency-domain processing to deliver spatial accuracy at all frequencies. B-Format can, for the first time, create shotgun-type patterns. It has the standard surround-sound setups including Dolby Atmos up to 7.1.4 and is supported by Pro Tools, Q-base, Nuendo, Reaper and Logic.
- four TF-45C condenser capsules (cardioid polar pattern) in a tetrahedral array
- each capsule has tolerances of less than one micron
- sturdy black brass body
- JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- manages SPLs up to 129 dB
- low noise of 15 dBA
- comes in a full kit, including a custom suspension shockmount, blimp-style windshield with furry wind cover and an output cable to 4x XLR3M
- acoustic principle: externally biased condenser
- active electronics JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- polar pattern: cardioid
- frequency range: 20Hz to 20kHz
- output impedance: 63 Ohm
- equivalent noise (A-weighted): 15 dBA
- maximum SPL: 129 dB SPL
- sensitivity: -30.4 dB re. 1 Volt/Pascal (30mV @ 94dB SPL, 1kHz)
- power requirements: 6.2mA@48V (per channel) Phantom power
- material: brass
- colour: black
- weight: 286 g
- dimensions: 45.7(L) x 192.3(W) x 45.7(H) in mm
- diameter of body: 25.1 mm