The Rode NT1-AI kit is a complete studio kit which comes with the AI-1 USB interface, Rode's peerless NT1 large diaphragm condenser microphone, a shock mount and all cables.
The NT1 is a revolutionary 1" diaphragm condenser microphone. Although the body of the NT1 closely resembles the NT1A, the microphone has been completely redesigned from the ground up, with the only shared component being the mesh grille.
It has been developed with a focus on detailed midrange response, coupled with silky smooth high frequencies, and warm, round, bass reproduction to make the NT1 an absolute standout in its class. The transducer itself is suspended inside the microphone using Rycote's industry-leading Lyre system, minimising external vibrations at the capsule level. The capsule is then married to high-grade electronics that have been designed to provide the lowest noise level of any studio microphone available. The NT1 is an incredibly quiet microphone, measuring only 4.5dBA of self-noise.
The Rode AI-1 is a compact and user-friendly 24-bit/96kHz USB audio interface. It uses one analog input to record sound with a professional studio quality. Simply connect your microphone, guitar or synthesiser through the high quality Neutrik XLR/jack input. A built-in class-A preamp will power you sound. Two 6.35mm jack outputs are located at the rear side of the interface used to connect your studio monitors. A USB-C to USB-A cable makes the interface backwards compatible. Due to the 48V phantom power adapter the audio will be registered in first-rate quality. The interface is very compact making it an excellent mobile solution. Furthermore, it features high-grade Neutrik connectors enabling easy connection.
NT1 technical specifications
- acoustic principle: pressure gradient
- active electronics: JFET impedance convertor with bipolar output buffer
- capsule: 1.00"
- polar pattern: cardioid
- address type: side
- frequency range: 20Hz to 20kHz
- output impedance: 100 Ohms
- maximum SPL: 132dB SPL
- maximum output level: 8.0mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)
- sensitivity: -29.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (35.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/2 dB @ 1kHz
- equivalent noise level (A-weighted): 4dB-A
- power options: +24V phantom power, +48V phantom power
- weight: 440g
- dimensions: 187 (H) x 50 (W) x 50 (D) in mm
- output: XLR output
AI-1 technical specifications
- Computer Connectivity: USB
- Form Factor: Desktop
- Simultaneous I/O:1 x 2
- Number of Preamps: 1
- Phantom Power: Yes
- Bit Depth: 24-bit
- Sample Rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz
- Analog Inputs: 1 x Neutrik XLR-1/4" combo
- Analog Outputs: 2 x 1/4" (impedance balanced), 1 x 1/4" (headphones)
- Direct Monitor: Yes
- USB: 1 x USB Type C
- Bus Powered: Yes
- OS Requirements: Mac OS 10.10 or later, Windows 7 or later
- Power: USB bus-powered
- Depth: 100mm total (with knobs), chassis 88mm
- Width: 124mm
- Height: 38mm
- Weight: 560g