The Rode NTG2 is a lightweight condenser shotgun microphone, designed for professional applications within the film, video, television and production industries. Its full frequency response, low noise and audio transparency make it an ideal film, video, and voice over microphone, while its low weight makes it an ideal boom microphone.
In addition to the native 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded.
The NTG2 operates either from a 1.5V AA battery or P48V phantom power which can be supplied by professional cameras, audio recorders and power supplies. The battery power option makes the NTG2 ideal for scenarios where the camera does not supply phantom power such as DSLR video.
The WSVM windshield is supplied to minimise light wind noise and plosives during recording. The optional "DeadCat" furry is recommended for outdoor applications.
- boadcast sound quality
- low noise circuitry
- condenser transducer
- rugged metal construction
- two step high pass filter (flat/80Hz)
- P48V phantom power or AA battery option
- low handling noise
- low weight: 161g
- includes RM5 mic clip, WSVM foam windshield and zip case
- acoustic principle: line gradient
- active electronics: JFET impedance convertor with balanced transformer output
- capsule: 12.7mm
- polar pattern: super-cardioid
- address type: end
- frequency range: 20Hz to 20kHz
- output impedance: 250 Ohms
- maximum SPL: 31dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KOhms load)
- maximum output Level: 6.9mV
- sensitivity: -36.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (15.00mV @ 94dB SPL) +/-2dB @ 1kHz
- equivalent noise level (A-weighted): 18dB-A
- power options: AA battery, +48V phantom power
- weight: 161g
- dimensions: 280 (H) x 22 (W) x 22 (D) in mm
- output: XLR output