The Rode NTG3 shotgun microphone is designed for professional use on film, television, electronic news gathering and wherever high-resolution broadcast audio is required.
As Rode's premier directional microphone the NTG3 exhibits superlative audio quality with a rich, warm quality and a full frequency response. Its RF bias technology makes it almost completely resistant to moisture, making it the only option when recording in demanding environments where condensation is an issue.
Machined from solid brass the NTG3 is incredibly robust while remaining light weight. Its precise yet forgiving polar pattern ensures that whether used on-camera or on a boom pole, the NTG3 will capture audio clearly every time.
A durable aluminum storage cylinder is supplied to provide the ultimate protection for the NTG3 while in storage and transport. Tightly sealed at both ends the cylinder is highly weatherproof, adding to the microphone's rugged performance credentials.
- superior broadcast sound quality
- high sensitivity
- super-cardioid polar pattern
- designed to withstand adverse environmental conditions
- 50% less self-noise than the majority of shotgun microphones
- extremely low handling noise
- high level of immunity to radio frequency interference
- true condenser (external RF biased)
- anti-glare, nickel-plated finish
- includes durable aluminium storage cylinder for transport, WSNTG3 foam windshield, RM5 mic clip and large zip pouch
- acoustic principle: line gradient
- active electronics: RF bias
- capsule: 12.7mm
- polar pattern: super-cardioid
- address type: end
- Frequency range: 40Hz to 20kHz
- output impedance: 25 Ohms
- maximum SPL: 130dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KOhms load)
- maximum output level: 8.2mV
- sensitivity: -30.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (31.60mV @ 94dB SPL) +/-2dB @ 1kHz
- equivalent noise level (A-weighted): 13dB-A
- power options: +48V phantom power
- weight: 163g
- dimensions: 255 (H) x 19 (W) x 19 (D) in mm
- output: XLR output