The Rode PinMic is a discreet lavalier/lapel microphone with an innovative pin-through design that is not only easier to conceal than a traditional lapel microphone, but provides greater mounting versatility.
Comprised of a cabled backplate and a removable omni-directional capsule head, the PinMic is easily mounted onto any clothing or fabric by simply pushing the backplate pins through the back of the fabric and sliding the capsule into place on the front. The microphone backplate and cable are hidden behind the fabric, and the capsule head can be easily disguised, covered or decorated to further conceal the microphone.
The PinMic capsule is discrete at only 9mm deep and 11mm in diameter, and is supplied with both a black and an unpainted silver mesh head that can be further camouflaged by painting. The microphone easily mounts through any fabric up to 1.5mm thick without any damage to clothing. A longer pin version (PinMic-Long) is available for mounting on thicker fabrics (up to 3.5mm thick).
The microphone capsule is connected via a 1.2m shielded, detachable Kevlar reinforced cable that has been rigorously strain tested to ensure reliable performance. The MiCon connector system provides seamless integration between the PinMic and a wide range of wireless systems as well as consoles, cameras and portable recorders.
The included mini-furry for high wind protection ensures quality recordings in adverse environments, while the anti-trauma water resistant case provides rugged and secure protection for the microphone, a spare capsule head, the microphone cable and included accessories.
- intuitive and subtle
- omni-directional polar pattern
- removable mesh head
- ultra discreet appearance
- lightweight and easy to position
- low noise miniature microphone capsule
- low handling noise
- MiCon interconnectivity system adapts to a wide range of wireless systems
- includes mini-furry, anti-trauma case, spare capsule and PinMic tool kit
- acoustic principle: permanently polarized
- active electronics: JFET impedance converter
- capsule: 0.10"
- polar pattern: omnidirectional
- address type: end
- frequency range: 60Hz 18kHz
- output impedance: 300 Ohms
- maximum SPL: 110dB SPL
- maximum output level: 189.0mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)
- sensitivity: -33.5dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (21.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/2 dB @ 1kHz
- equivalent noise level (A-weighted): 25dB-A
- power options: +48V phantom power
- weight: 10g
- dimensions: 16 (H) x 22 (W) x 33 (D) in mm
- output: MiCon Output requires MiCon adapter (sold separately)