RYCOTE Connbox CB3 (2XLR-3F)
Connbox 3 is suitable for most M/S stereo pairs with two 3-pin XLRs.
The Connbox has been designed to isolate and greatly reduce handling and cable-borne noise to the microphone. An effective and ready-to-use solution to connection problems, the Connbox will enable professional sound recorders to achieve clean, high quality audio recordings.
Acting as a transition connector and anchor point for the microphone tail, the lengths of cable are set to work perfectly with the microphone fitted in the windshield, without touching the internal surface of the basket. The soft cable then greatly reduces the transmission path of cable-borne noise, thus further reducing cable rumble.
The Connbox is made of the highest quality components, using gold 3-pin Neutrik X-series XLR connectors, and an ultra soft Mogami star-quad cable.
Available in several mono or stereo output cable combinations:
- Connbox 1: (detachable) suitable for mono microphones with 3-pin XLR
- Connbox 1: (hard-wired) suitable for mono microphones with 3-pin XLR
- Connbox 2: suitable for long shotgun microphones with 3-pin XLR
- Connbox 3: suitable for most M/S stereo pairs with two 3-pin XLRs
- Connbox 4: suitable for single shank stereo microphones with 5-pin XLR
- Connbox 5: suitable for single Schoeps CMM in a mono extended ballgag with Lemo connector
- Connbox 6: suitable for a M/S stereo pair of Schoeps CMM in a mono extended ballgag with Lemo connectors
- Connbox 7: suitable for a M/S stereo pair of Schoeps CMM in a stereo extended ballgag with Lemo connectors
- Connbox 8: suitable for Schoeps CMIT-5u + CMM M/S stereo pair
- Connbox 9: suitable for single Sennheiser MKH 8020, 8040 or 8050 in a mono extended ballgag
- Connbox 10 (LEMO): suitable for single Schoeps CCM_L in a WS 9 Kit (the Lemo tail is hardwired to the Connbox)
- Connbox 11 (2MZL Detachable): suitable for a pair of Sennheiser MKH 8040's or 8050's in a WS AC MS Kit (XY/MS) or an ORTF Windshield Kit (the MZL tails are detachable from the Connbox)
- Connbox 12: suitable for an ORTF stereo pair of Schoeps CCM in an ORTF Windshield kit (AE)